This healthy and easy Blueberry Spinach Smoothie recipe is an antioxidant-packed vegan breakfast with five simple ingredients that make you feel your best.
As much as I love a decadent breakfast like Fluffy Vegan Oreo Pancakes, most mornings, I prefer to keep things light and healthy. This spinach and blueberry smoothie is a delicious way to start your day with fruits and vegetables. If you love my other smoothie recipes, like this Mango Chia Seed Smoothie or this creamy Sweet Potato Smoothie, you're going to want to add this drink to your weekly breakfast plan ASAP. Oh and this Immune-Boosting Strawberry Banana Poppyseed Smoothie is definitely one to try next also!
How to Make Blueberry Spinach Smoothies
This recipe makes two servings. But you can easily double or half the recipe to meet your needs. All you need is a blender and a few simple ingredients.
- Almond milk. You can use any dairy-free milk to blend your blueberry smoothie.
- Blueberries. Fresh or frozen berries both work.
- Spinach. Again, fresh or frozen spinach will work. Frozen will give you a thicker smoothie.
- Flaxseed meal. This adds fiber and healthy fats to your smoothie. Plus, it yields a thicker, creamier texture.
- Cinnamon. I like a dash of spice, but you can omit the cinnamon if you like.
Health Benefits of Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
Blueberries and spinach are both known as superfoods for a reason. Here are some of the key nutrients and health benefits you'll get from this morning drink:
- Antioxidants. Both spinach and blueberries are full of plant-based antioxidants, which can help fight cancer-causing free radicals.
- Fiber. Blueberries are an excellent source of dietary fiber. This helps improve digestion and can keep your gut microbiome healthy.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. These are good fats found in flaxseed meal. Each tablespoon has 1.8 grams of the healthy fats.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
MADE OUR RECIPE(S)?
If you make this Blueberry Spinach Smoothie or any other recipe from us, be sure to tag us on Instagram at #Orchidsandsweettea so that we can share the love, rate, comment below, + share!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 cup Almond milk (You can also use your fave non-dairy milk!)
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup dairy-free yogurt (optional)
- 2 Tbsps Agave, for additional sweetness (optional)
TO MAKE THE SMOOTHIES:
Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender (adding the frozen blueberries first, then the rest following) and blend until smooth.
Adjust the amount of milk (or add ice), depending on desired consistency, adding 1 tablespoon more at a time, if needed.
To serve—grab one or two prepared glass(es) and pour smoothie into each, top with fresh spinach (if desired) and grab a straw.
Sip and enjoy!
- STORAGE: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, tightly sealed or in a covered mason jar, ensuring that you drink it within the same day for best taste and consistency.
- SWEETENER: For additional sweetness, you can feel free to use 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or Agave if desired.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 1486IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 220mg | Iron: 1mg