Want to submit an article or post on our site for exposure to our readers?
Article Submission Guidelines:
Orchids + Sweet Tea is a blog devoted to making easy + healthy recipes, BUT nothing short of flavor + personality. Besides the recipes for the complete foodie, Orchids + Sweet Tea also focuses on Wellness, by showcasing the importance of Mind, Body, + Soul. Hand in hand, Food + Wellness is what you’ll find here and it’ll convey the notion that a healthy lifestyle starts from the inside, out.
Who can write for us?
- Absolute foodies who are passionate about using healthier ingredients to make GREAT tasting food.
- the Wellness-cautious individual.
What to include in Email if pitching an Idea:
- At least (2) writing samples.
- Author Bio of 150 words or less that best describes who you are and your purpose as a writer.
- All social media handles (usernames).
All ‘Draft’ posts MUST:
- Be at least 500 words (minimum).
- Quality photos only! (if using your own photos); if photos aren’t your own photos, ensure that “credit” of the original owner is included (cited sources).
- We accept recipes, “how-to’s” as it relates to wellness (ex: self-care practices, etc.), natural hair care, healthy beauty alternatives, spirituality (not religion!), relationships, and anything food-related.
- All information that falls outside of your own opinion should be appropriately cited from the source.
- Overall, have a voice. Be bold, interesting, and human!
Do I get paid?
Unfortunately, at this time, we do not offer the option of being paid for your post. However, this opportunity helps you to build your ‘blogger portfolio’ and get your writing style and voice noticed by other potential readers!
How do I learn more about the brand?
For a better understanding of our writing style and tone, feel free to take a quick peek at some of our articles on our site.
Please don’t send us press-releases or sales pitches. Once you submit your article or post, you’ll generally hear back from us within 48 business hours.
Just have general questions? Use the contact form below to get in contact with us.
Email: Shanika @ orchidsandsweettea dot com, if you think that your brand or business fits our style so that we can make some more magic together! Media kit available upon request.