How to Make Iced Mocha Latte
Make the best frothy and sweet iced mocha latte with cold brew, real vanilla and cocoa right at home, no need to go to the coffee shop.
Servings 1 serving
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SYRUP:
- 1 cup filtered water
- ¾ cup organic cocoa powder (You can also use cacao powder)
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup cold brew
- 1 ½ cups Oat milk, homemade or store-bought (You can use your favorite plant-based milk; See Notes!)
- 3 Tbsps chocolate syrup, homemade or store-bought
- Ice cubes
- Coconut Whipped cream
- Chopped chocolate, optional (Ensure that chocolate is dairy-free or vegan)
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE SYRUP:
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add together all ingredients (whisking them to combine) and bring to a boil, about 1-2 minutes. Once fully combined and smooth, remove from heat and let cool.
TO MAKE THE LATTE:
To serve, fill ice into a 12 or 16-ounce glass and pour in the milk followed by the cold brew, 3 Tbsps of the homemade chocolate syrup, stirring them together until the mixture becomes a brown "chocolatey" color. Top with coconut whipped cream and chopped chocolate, if desired.
Sip and enjoy!
- WHAT PLANT-BASED MILKS ARE GOOD FOR THIS RECIPE? My go-to plant-based brand for oat milk when using store-bought is the Forager Project. However, you can always use your fave or one of the following: Almond, coconut milk, homemade oat milk (froths/foams VERY WELL), homemade cashew milk, flax milk, potato milk, etc.
- STORAGE (CHOCOLATE SYRUP): Leftover chocolate syrup can be stored in a tightly sealed mason jar for up to two weeks. When ready to use, simply reheat sauce in the microwave for a few seconds.
- VEGAN OPTION: To ensure that this drink is entirely vegan, be sure to use vegan-friendly ingredients (i.e. chocolate, etc.).