Coconut Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
Coconut berry oatmeal is a healthy and high-fiber vegetarian meal topped with sweet and crunchy toppings.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 cup thick-cut Rolled oats, GF
- 2 ½ cups Almond milk (You can use your fave plant-based milk!)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk or cream
- ¼ cup Raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fresh berries (I love using blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Dairy-free yogurt (Using a coconutmilk version is even better!)
- Raw honey (See Notes!)
- Granola, optional
TO MAKE OATMEAL:
Add the oats, milk, coconut milk, cinnamon, and sea salt to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until everything is combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low so that everything simmers for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. During the last 5 minutes, add in the honey, stirring to incorporate.
Once done, oats should thicken and become creamy with a little liquid still remaining.
To serve, portion oatmeal into serving bowl(s) and top with yogurt, chia seeds, fresh berries, coconut flakes, granola, and drizzles of honey, if desired.
- STORAGE: Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Perfect for meal prep for the week!
- OVERNIGHT OATS OPTION: Simply add all oatmeal ingredients to a bowl and mix together until combined. Tightly cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours). Once ready to serve, top overnight oats with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- WHAT PLANT-BASED MILKS ARE GOOD FOR THIS RECIPE? My go-to plant-based brand for Almond milk when using store-bought is the Califia Farms. However, you can always use your fave or one of the following: Almond, coconut milk, homemade oat milk (froths/foams VERY WELL), homemade cashew milk, potato milk, flax milk, etc.
- SWEETENER: Instead of honey, you can substitute with Agave or pure maple syrup, if desired.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 421mg | Iron: 6mg