No-Churn Caramel Cone Ice Cream
This No-Churn Caramel Cone Ice Cream is a sure sweet treat and favorite for any ice cream lover! Extremely smooth, velvety, and full of crunch and flavor, this recipe ONLY requires FIVE ingredients. It's super easy to make and is done in as little as 10 minutes, except for the freezing time.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups organic heavy whipping cream, cold (I use Organic Valley)
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk, low-fat (I use the Eagle's brand)
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup, to sweeten (See Notes!)
- 1 brick of semi-sweet chocolate bar, roughly chopped (I use Ghirardelli)
- 4 medium waffle cones, roughly chopped or broken
- pinch of sea salt
Homemade Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup organic brown sugar (I use Sugar in the Raw)
- 6 Tbsps unsalted butter, cubed (I use Land O'Lakes)
- 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream (I use Organic Valley)
- pinch of sea salt
For Caramel Sauce:
In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, add the sugar and stir constantly until it melts into a dark-amber-like color and is fully liquid. Reduce the heat slightly and add in the butter, whisking constantly while it bubbles up and melts. Quickly add in the heavy cream and continue whisking until fully incorporated. Once it all boils for a minute or so, remove from heat and continue to whisk. Add pinch of salt and set aside for it to cool. **NOTE: caramel sauce will thicken as it cools.**
Next fold in the sweetened condensed milk, maple syrup, and sea salt with a spatula until well incorporated. Add caramel sauce and continue to fold until incorporated.
Add in half of the chopped chocolate bar and gently fold it in.
Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan (or small metal bowl) and freeze for 4-6 hours.
To serve, remove from freezer and let sit for a couple of minutes to soften slightly and enjoy!
Scoop ice cream into prepared cups or bowls, top with caramel sauce (as a drizzle), followed by a handful of chocolate pieces, and more waffle cone pieces as garnish.
SWEETENER: If you choose to opt out of pure maple syrup, you can always substitute with Agave as well.
STORAGE: When kept in an air-tight container, ice cream lasts for about 2 weeks.
STORAGE (CARAMEL SAUCE): Leftover caramel sauce can be stored in a tightly sealed mason jar for up to two weeks. When ready to use, simply reheat sauce in the microwave at 15 second intervals until softened and at room temp.