Delicious Peanut Butter Banana Pudding
This Delicious Peanut Butter Banana Pudding is a version of a classic dessert that most Southerners can say has been a childhood favorite since the beginning of time. This creamy sweet treat comes filled with banana chunks, whipped vanilla pudding, delicious vanilla wafers nestled in between each layer and an awesome kick of flavor----peanut butter. This recipe certainly makes for the best dessert choice after a good meal or even as a quick “pick me up” snack.
Servings 8 servings
- 4 ripe organic bananas, sliced
- 1 (16 oz.) package Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies (I used about 10-12 cookies, crushed)
- 1 (3 oz.) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed
- 4 cups VERY COLD filtered water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups Whipped Cream, homemade or store-bought (See Notes!)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, softened or melted
- 5-6 vanilla wafer cookies, optional (See Notes!)
Mix together the ice cold water, vanilla pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk until thick, about 10 minutes on medium-high speed. NOTE: The mixture should look like pudding.
Finally, add in vanilla extract, salt and mix for another minute or so.
Gently fold in the homemade whipped cream (or Cool Whip) into the pudding mixture using a spatula until, well incorporated.
In a trifle bowl (or your favorite dish), layer peanut butter sandwich cookies, vanilla wafers (if using), sliced bananas, melted peanut butter, and pudding mixture; repeat layering until all ingredients have been used.
Garnish top with remaining peanut butter cookies + vanilla wafers (crushed) and Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Best if chilled overnight.
- HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM:In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip the heavy cream (3-4 cups), using the whisk attachment for 4-5 minutes, until fluffy peaks begin to form. **NOTE: When it begins to thicken after the first 2-3 minutes, gradually add in 1 Tbsp vanilla extract and a pinch of sea salt.** Once fully fluffy, remove from mixer bowl and continue recipe.
- STORAGE: Keep leftovers tightly sealed and refrigerated. Best if consumed within 3 days.
- PEANUT BUTTER: To melt peanut butter, simply add 1 cup into a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until completely softened, smooth, and easily falls off spatula or whisk.
- COOKIES: For an extra kick of delicious flavor, I tried mixing both the Nutter Butter cookies and original Vanilla wafers cookies and it was amazing! I definitely recommend trying if you're open to it!