Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
This Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe is a healthy way to kick start your day and is beautifully textured. These Oats boasts it’s creaminess, thickness from the thickly cut oatmeal used, and generous nutty flavor from the delicious peanut butter; which all create quite the experience in just one bowl. All vegan and Gluten-Free.
Servings 1 serving
- 1 cup Thick-cut rolled oats, GF certified
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 4 Tbsps peanut butter, softened (Make sure that PB is vegan-friendly; See Notes!)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsps Agave syrup (See Notes!)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground allspice
- pinch of sea salt
- Your favorite chopped nuts
- Sliced bananas
- Peanut butter, softened or melted
Add all ingredients to a medium bowl, stirring until well combined.
Tightly cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours).
To serve (hot or cold), add oats to a bowl or mason jar and top it with your favorite nuts, sliced bananas, and drizzle peanut butter atop.
- STORAGE: Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Perfect for meal prep for the week!
- TOASTED NUTS:Add chopped pecans/walnuts to a baking sheet and toasting them in the oven (400 degrees Fahrenheit) for 5-10 minutes, tossing them halfway to avoid browning on one side.
- NUT BUTTER: If preferred, you can always substitute peanut butter with Almond butter, SunButter (perfect for allergy-free needs!), Tahini (Sesame Seed Butter), Hazelnut Butter, etc.
- SWEETENER: Instead of Agave, you can simply use pure maple syrup or additional mashed bananas.
- MILK: You can use your favorite plant-based milk, whether Soy, Oat, Coconut, Flax milk, etc.