Delicious Vegan Peanut Punch
This Delicious Vegan Peanut Punch recipe is a healthy take on the delicious traditional Jamaican Peanut Punch, which include bold flavors of Peanuts and Rum (optional) and is beautifully textured to create a smooth drinking experience. This Vegan version boasts it’s creaminess, thickness, and generous play on spices and peanut butter as well as banana flavors. The perfect drink to enjoy during family dinner or a great punch to kick start your morning.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 medium banana, peeled + sliced
- 1 cup Vegan Peanut Butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight (See Notes!)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Almond Milk (I use Califia Farms)
- 2 Tbsps Agave (See Notes!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsps organic rolled oats, GF (I use Bob's Red Mill)
Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender (adding the wet ingredients first, followed by the remaining ingredients) and blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. NOTE: If punch is too thick, simply add an additional 1/4 cup milk.
To serve, pour punch into prepared glass(es) and top with CocoWhip, sliced bananas, or melted peanut butter, if desired.
Sip and enjoy!
- STORAGE: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, tightly sealed or in a covered mason jar, ensuring that you drink it within the same day for best taste and consistency.
- SOAKED CASHEWS:To best soak cashews, add 1 cup of cashews to a bowl or measuring cup and cover with cold water, sealing the top with plastic wrap and leaving it out (at room temp.) overnight. When ready to use, drain and rinse. If not able to soak overnight, simply cover cashews with boiling water and let sit for 30 minutes, drain, + rinse.
- WHAT PLANT-BASED MILKS ARE GOOD FOR THIS RECIPE?My go-to plant-based milk is Almond milk from Califia Farms. However, you can always use your fave or one of the following: coconut milk, oat milk (froths/foams VERY WELL), flax milk, etc.