Pumpkin French Toast
Make fluffy Pumpkin French Toast for brunch or breakfast that's full of warm Fall spices and bold pumpkin flavor!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 loaf challah, brioche, or sourdough bread; sliced (Preferably a day old; See Notes for Vegan version)
- 1 cup organic 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice blend, homemade or store-bought (See Post for info!)
- 1 cup Almond milk, at room temp. (You can use your fave plant-based milk)
- 3 large organic eggs, room temperature (For Vegan option, see Notes!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsps pure maple syrup
- Unsalted butter, for cooking
- Coconut whipped cream
- Toasted pecans, chopped
- Pure maple syrup
TO MAKE THE FRENCH TOAST:
Whisk together all the ingredients (except for the bread and butter) into a large bowl and set aside so that everything marries together and activates, about 5 minutes.
Preheat griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter, melting it.
Dip 1 slice of bread into the batter, soaking it in for a few seconds on each side. Place slice unto the heated griddle, cooking on each side for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Repeat until all french toast have been made.
To serve—stack french toast atop each other, spoon a generous amount of coconut whipped cream, chopped toasted pecans, and drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
- BREAD: Instead of brioche bread, you can also use vegan (if needed) challah or ciabatta bread or any other rustic bread. In most cases, day old bread works best!
- WHAT PLANT-BASED MILKS ARE GOOD FOR THIS RECIPE? You can always use your fave or one of the following: Almond, coconut milk, homemade oat milk (froths/foams VERY WELL), homemade cashew milk, flax milk, potato milk, quinoa milk, etc.
- VEGAN BRIOCHE: To make your own vegan brioche bread, see my latest recipe.
- VEGAN OPTION: To make this French toast vegan, whisk together 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 3 Tbsps WARM water in a small bowl until combined and let it sit for 10 minutes until thickened completely. This makes 1 "Chia Egg". NOTE:For this recipe just use 2 "chia eggs" (that means 2 Tbsps chia seeds + 6 Tbsps WARM water).
- SWEETENER: You can adjust the amount of sweetener depending on how sweet or unsweet you'd like for your latte to be.
Calories: 1700kcal | Carbohydrates: 254g | Protein: 66g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 789mg | Sodium: 2275mg | Potassium: 1294mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 39900IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 905mg | Iron: 20mg