Anti-Inflammatory Pineapple Citrus Smoothie
This fruity and rich Anti-Inflammatory Pineapple Citrus Smoothie is the perfect way to kick-start your day.
Servings 1 serving
- 2-3 medium oranges, freshly-squeezed (Should be about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple (See Notes!)
- 1 lemon, freshly-squeezed
- 1-2 Tbsps raw honey (See Notes!)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tbsps chia seeds
- ½ lime, freshly-squeezed
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (You can also use dairy-free yogurt)
- Pineapple chunks
- Chia seeds
Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender (adding the frozen pineapples first, then the rest following) and blend until smooth.
Adjust the amount of orange juice (or add water or ice), depending on desired consistency, adding 1 tablespoon more at a time, if needed.
To serve—pour smoothie in your favorite glass and top with pineapple chunks and sprinkles of chia seeds, if desired.
Sip and enjoy!
- STORAGE: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, tightly sealed or in a covered mason jar, ensuring that you drink it within the same day for best taste and consistency.
- SWEETENER: You can always use maple syrup, Vegan honey, or Medjol dates as a substitute for Agave. For vegan honey—-Bee Free Honee, click link.
- TURMERIC: For health benefits of using turmeric, ensuring that it is paired with black pepper, helps to aid in curcumin absorption.
- PINEAPPLES: If you're using freshly chopped pineapple, you can freeze them prior to adding them to this smoothie or just add ice for a "smoothie-like" consistency.
- VEGAN OPTION: To make this smoothie vegan, simply substitute honey with a vegan-friendly sweetener and Greek yogurt with a dairy-free yogurt alternative.
- EQUIPMENT: See my favorite equipment to use daily via my Amazon Shop List.