Peanut Butter Caramel Iced Latte
This Peanut Butter Caramel Iced Latte is the perfect velvety sip to satisfy your coffee shop cravings this winter with a burst of nutty flavor and sweet caramel flavor combined.
Servings 1 serving
VEGAN CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 6 Tbsps vegan butter
- ½ cup full-fat coconut cream/milk
- ½ cup cold brew
- 1 ½ cups oat milk (You can use your fave plant-based milk)
- 2 Tbsps vegan caramel sauce
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter (Ensure that it's
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsps pure maples syrup
- Crushed ice cubes
- Coconut whipped cream
- Carmel, drizzle
TO MAKE THE HOMEMADE VEGAN CARAMEL SAUCE:
Heat the brown sugar in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and stir constantly using a rubber spatula until clumps are formed. Add vegan butter and continue to stir until everything has melted and become a dark 'amber-like' color. Continue to stir consistently until fully melted and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes.
Now, slowly whisk in the coconut milk and continue stirring until well incorporated and sauce has fully thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before using. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE LATTE:
In a high-powered blender, add the milk and peanut butter together and blend on high-speed until creamy and combined.
In a bowl, add together all latte ingredients (including the peanut butter-milk mixture), mixing until combined.
To serve, fill ice into a 12 or 16-ounce glass and pour the latte mixture atop crushed ice until all the way filled. Top with coconut whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
Sip and enjoy!
- WHAT PLANT-BASED MILKS ARE GOOD FOR THIS RECIPE? My go-to plant-based brand for Oat milk when using store-bought is the Forager Project. However, you can always use your fave or one of the following: Almond, coconut milk, homemade oat milk (froths/foams VERY WELL), homemade cashew milk, flax milk, potato milk, quinoa milk, etc.
- SWEETENER: Instead of maple syrup, you can substitute with Agave syrup.
- STORAGE (CARAMEL SAUCE): Leftover caramel sauce can be stored in a tightly sealed mason jar for up to two weeks. When ready to use, simply reheat sauce in the microwave at 15 second intervals until softened and at room temp.
- NUT BUTTER: If preferred, you can always substitute peanut butter with Almond butter, SunButter (perfect for allergy-free needs!), Tahini (Sesame Seed Butter), Hazelnut Butter, etc.