Seasoned Crinkle Cut Fries
When it comes to enjoying crispy Seasoned Crinkle Cut Fries, this recipe is the easiest way to achieve the best fries experience!
Servings 6 servings
- 4 large organic russet potatoes,
- 2-3 Tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
HOMEMADE CAJUN BLEND:
- 2 Tbsps garlic powder
- 2 Tbsps Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsps smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
DAIRY-FREE RANCH SAUCE (OPTIONAL):
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
PREP + SOAK POTATOES:
Rinse and pat dry each potato and using a crinkle cutter, slice downward from the top end of the potato---this should create a "crinkle-like" shape. Repeat again and continue to repeat until all potatoes are sliced (about ½-1 inch thick).
In a bowl, add cold water until ¾ filled along with a few ice cubes to keep things cold. Add cut potatoes into bowl and let soak for 20 minutes.
Once soak time is complete, drain potatoes and pat dry thoroughly before adding them unto a flat surface (i.e. countertop, cutting board, etc.) lined with paper towels for them to "dry" out for a bit (about 30-minutes to 1 hour). NOTE: This process helps them to be extra crispy when baked.
BAKE THE FRIES:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add the dry cut slices of potatoes into a large bowl along with the olive oil and seasonings, mixing everything together with your hands until fries are full coated.
Transfer the fries to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes or until fries are golden and crispy. NOTE: Test the doneness of potatoes by seeing how soft they are and how golden the edges become. If they are tender then they are done.
MAKE THE DF RANCH SAUCE:
Mix together the vegan mayonnaise, coconut cream/milk, cilantro, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until combined and smooth.
Remove the baked fries from the oven and serve with a side of homemade dairy-free ranch sauce or your favorite condiment/sauce (ketchup, mayo, etc).
- STORAGE: Place any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. For longer storage, simply add leftovers to a freezer safe ziplock bag or container and keep frozen for up to 10 months.
- STORAGE (RANCH SAUCE): Any leftovers can be kept in a tightly sealed jar and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- CAJUN SEASONING (STORAGE): Any leftover cajun seasoning mix can be stored in a ziplock bag for later use or used as garnish.