Best Summer Vegan Tacos
These Summer Vegan Tacos offer major flavor, using all vegan ingredients, and is the perfect balance between savory and spicy from the buffalo sauce and roasted veggies.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Buffalo sauce (Ensure that it's vegan-approved!)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups sweet white corn kernels, frozen or fresh
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 Jalapeños, sliced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted + mashed
- Pinch of sea salt + black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Soft flour or corn tortillas, any size + charred (See Notes!)
DAIRY-FREE RANCH SAUCE:
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
ROAST THE VEGGIES:
Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
Add the poblano peppers and corn kernels unto the prepared baking sheet and drizzle everything with olive oil. Sprinkle with a bit of salt + black pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until corn and peppers are charred and tender. Remove from the oven and let cool before chopping peppers into medium pieces.
TO MAKE THE BUFFALO CHICKPEA:
In a bowl, add the chickpeas, olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper, tossing everything together until chickpeas are well coated.
In a medium skillet (10-inch or so) over medium-high heat, add the seasoned chickpeas. Saute until chickpeas become golden. Add the buffalo sauce, stir to combine and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until everything begins to bubble.
Sir occasionally and once the sauce begins to thicken and chickpeas are tender, remove from oven.
CHAR OR WARM TORTILLAS:
To lightly toast taco tortillas, preheat oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place tortillas directly on rack. Turn off oven once heated and let tortillas warm for 2 minutes. Remove from oven. For char on a stovetop, pop one of the tortillas unto a gas burner until you begin to see a little smoke. Remove tortilla to rotate it onto opposite side until it’s lightly charred. Repeat until all tortillas are charred.
TO MAKE THE GUACAMOLE:
If using guacamole, add the avocado flesh into a bowl followed by salt, black pepper, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir everything until combined.
TO MAKE THE RANCH SAUCE:
Mix together the vegan mayonnaise, coconut cream/milk, cilantro, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until combined and smooth.
To assemble tacos, add 1-2 Tbsps of buffalo chickpeas atop a charred tortilla followed by: roasted poblano peppers, corn, sliced jalapeños, chopped onions, guacamole, and the DF ranch sauce. Repeat until desired amount of tacos are made.
- STORAGE: Place any leftover ingredients in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- MAKE AHEAD: All ingredients can be made and individually stored as meal prep (excluding tortillas) and assembled when ready to serve.
- TORTILLAS: To lightly toast taco tortillas, preheat oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place tortillas directly on rack. Turn off oven once heated and let tortillas warm for 2 minutes. Remove from oven. For char on a stovetop, pop one of the tortillas unto a gas burner until you begin to see a little smoke. Remove tortilla to rotate it onto opposite side until it’s lightly charred. Repeat until all tortillas are charred.