Jamaican Rum Punch Mocktail
This British derived drink, later formally adopted by the Jamaican culture is the epitome of delicious island-y flavors fused together in one refreshing drink ----- Jamaican Rum Punch Mocktail!
Servings 6 servings
SIMPLE STRAWBERRY SYRUP:
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups organic pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups freshly-squeezed orange juice (That's about 5-6 navel oranges)
- 1 cup organic mango juice
- Simple strawberry syrup
- 2 Tbsps freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1-2 tsps minced ginger
- Ginger beer, for topping
- Sliced strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- Pineapple chunks
- Cherries, optional (See Notes!)
MAKE THE SIMPLE STRAWBERRY SYRUP:
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add together all ingredients, stirring to combine and bring to a boil, about 1-2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
MAKE THE MOCKTAIL:
In a pitcher, add the pineapple juice, orange juice, mango juice, cooled strawberry syrup, lemon juice, lime juice, and minced ginger, mixing everything together until combined.
To Assemble Mocktails: Add crushed ice to a glass, fill 1/2 of the glass with the punch mixture, followed by the sliced strawberries, pineapple chunks, cherries (if using), and fresh mint leaves, if desired. Top with ginger beer. Repeat for every serving and enjoy!
Sip and Enjoy!
- STORAGE: Leftover punch can be stored in a tightly sealed pitcher or mason jar and refrigerated for up to 1 week. Stir when ready to serve again.
- SIMPLE SYRUP: Traditionally, Jamaican rum punch includes Grenadine or Fruit Punch syrup, however, I made a simple strawberry version. Feel free to use whichever you prefer.
- CHERRIES: Usually with this drink, maraschino cherries are used for garnish. For a healthier twist, feel free to use fresh red cherries, if desired.
- RUM: This is a mocktail, however, you can feel free to add rum for an extra kick or spruce up!