Broiled Maple Cinnamon Grapefruit + Strawberries
The perfect easy unique breakfast or snack is here with this broiled maple cinnamon grapefruit + strawberries dish, made with roasted grapefruit and delicious toppings to match!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 large Red grapefruits, halved
- 2 Tbsps Extra virgin olive oil (See Notes!)
CINNAMON MAPLE SAUCE:
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granola, homemade or store-bought (See Notes!)
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt or coconut whipped cream
- Sliced strawberries
MAKE THE SIMPLE CINNAMON MAPLE SAUCE:
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and brown sugar together, whisking until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
TO BROIL THE GRAPEFRUIT:
Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to the Broil setting. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. OPTION 2: Prepare a 12-inch oven-safe cast iron skillet by greasing it lightly with oil or parchment paper (for greater ease).
Place each half of grapefruit unto the prepared baking sheet (sliced side up), making sure that they are side by side. Drizzle olive oil atop each slice.
Spoon half of the cinnamon maple sauce atop the grapefruit slices and add them to the oven on broil for 5-10 minutes. NOTE: Be sure to monitor the grapefruit to ensure that they don't brown too quickly or burn.
Remove grapefruits from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
To serve, add 1-2 Tbsps of yogurt or whipped cream, granola, and strawberries followed by 1 Tbsp of the remaining cinnamon maple sauce. Repeat for each grapefruit served.
- OIL: If you choose to opt out of Extra virgin olive oil, feel free to substitute with coconut oil, grapeseed oil, or your favorite neutral oil.
- TOPPINGS: You can always top your broiled grapefruit with your favorite things like: nuts, oats, other fresh fruit, ricotta cheese, sautéed greens (like kale or spinach), etc.
- GRANOLA: If you're looking for a great store-bought granola, I love using Purely Elizabeth's line of granolas.