Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Mocktail
A sweet chocolate mocktail swirled with peppermint and made with homemade Kahlua substitute perefec for holiday entertaining.
Servings 2 servings
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 2 Tbsps organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder
- ½ cup premium chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsps molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Whipped Cream
- Candy Canes, crushed or whole
- Shaved chocolate, optional (You can also use additional Chocolate syrup)
KAHLUA SUBSTITUTE SIMPLE SYRUP:
TO MAKE MOCKTAIL:
In a bowl, add all of the mocktail ingredients together, whisking until combined.
Assemble the mocktails: For each drink, fill an 8-ounce glass halfway with crushed ice. Add the chocolate mocktail mixture until glass(es) is filled. Top with whipped cream, candy canes (crushed or whole), and additional chocolate syrup or shaved chocolate.
Sip and Enjoy!
KAHLUA: Kahlúa coffee liqueur is one of the main ingredients in many of the world's favorite cocktails. Therefore, to make this recipe non-alcoholic----I created a great simple syrup substitute.