Gingerbread Eggnog Mocktail
The perfect holiday drink is my Gingerbread Eggnog Mocktail, made with homemade alcohol-free coffee liqueur!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon organic brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups high quality eggnog
- 2 Tbsps molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Crushed Ice
- Whipped cream
- Gingersnap cookies, crumbled
TO MAKE THE KAHLUA SUBSTITUTE:
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add in the water, espresso powder, and brown sugar, stirring together until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a slight boil and remove from heat. Let cool completely.
TO MAKE THE MOCKTAILS:
In a bowl, add the eggnog, Kahlua substitute mixture, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, whisking everything together until combined. NOTE: the mixture should look darker in color---but still a light brown.
TO SERVE: Add crushed ice to glass(es), add gingerbread eggnog mixture until glasses are filled followed by whipped cream. For additional garnish, crush a few gingersnap cookies and at atop whipped cream. Repeat for every serving.
Sip and Enjoy!
- SWEETENER: For additional sweetening, you can add 1-2 Tbsps of either sweetener: Agave, pure maple syrup, or honey.
- MOLASSES: If using regular molasses, you can use the recommended amount as listed in the recipe. If using Blackstrap Molasses, simply use 1 less tablespoon than the amount listed to ensure that the batter isn’t too bitter.
- KAHLUA: Kahlúa is used to make cocktails or drinks neat. Some people use it when baking desserts, and/or as a topping for ice cream, cakes, and cheesecakes. It is mixed in several ways, often with different combinations of milk, cream, coffee and cocoa. Because Kahlúa is made from coffee beans, it contains caffeine.