Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta w/ Parmesan Garlic Sauce
A light and healthy weeknight meal is always a necessity, and my Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta w/ Parmesan Garlic Sauce is a tasty dinner delight!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 (8 oz.) package organic spinach + cheese ravioli (I love using Artisola)
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH:
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled + cubed (About 1 lb.)
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
PARMESAN GARLIC SAUCE:
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, for cooking
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup organic heavy cream + more if needed!
- 1/4 cup organic chicken or veggie stock, low-sodium
- 2 Tbsps white cooking wine
- 1 tsp sea salt + black pepper
- 1 tsp dried or fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
TO ROAST THE BUTTERNUT SQUASH:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by lining them with parchment paper.
In a bowl, add the cubed butternut squash along with the olive oil and all seasonings, gently mixing everything together until veggies are fully coated.
Add the veggies unto the baking sheet (in a single layer) and and bake for 25-30 minutes or until butternut squash is charred and golden.
TO MAKE THE PARMESAN GARLIC SAUCE:
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp of butter until melted.
Add the garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute or so, until fragrant. Add in the seasonings and stir until well combined.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and slowly add in the heavy cream, chicken/veggie stock, and white wine, stirring until combined. Let it slightly bubble for 1-2 minutes and then add in the grated parmesan, whisking until fully melted and sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Add in about 2 cups of the roasted butternut squash, stirring until combined. NOTE: The sauce might turn a little close to the butternut squash color----that's fine!
When the ravioli is done, drain it and add it to the sauce, stirring until sauce fully coats + sticks to pasta. Serve immediately!
- STORAGE: Any leftovers can be kept in a tightly sealed container and refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
- PASTA: You can use long pastas like Pappardelle, Fettuccine, etc. however, I would recommend tossing with tongs to ensure that pasta is fully manageable and fully coated. Otherwise, other pastas such as Penne, Rigatoni, Paccheri, Orecchiette, etc. are perfect.
- GREENS: To add a bit more flavor to this dish, you can always feel free to add in your favorite greens such as kale, spinach, broccolini, collards, or asparagus.