Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
Pumpkin pie is now a suitable breakfast with this healthy chia pudding, layered with homemade pumpkin pie filling, granola, and pecans.
Servings 2 servings
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsps Agave syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Full-fat coconut cream or milk (The canned version)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
PUMPKIN PIE LAYER:
- 2 cups organic pumpkin puree (Not pie filling!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice blend (See Notes!)
- Toasted pecans (See Notes!)
Add all ingredients to a medium-size bowl, stirring together until well combined.
Let mixture sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes or until it begins to thicken and becomes creamy. Stir slightly.
In the meantime, make the "pumpkin pie" layer.
To serve, add 1/4 cup of chia pudding to a cup or jar and top with the "pumpkin pie" layer followed by toasted pecans and/or granola, if desired. Drizzle additional maple syrup, if preferred.
- STORAGE: Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Perfect for meal prep for the week!
- SWEETENER: Instead of Agave, you can simply use maple syrup throughout entire recipe.
- OVERNIGHT OPTION: Follow steps and then tightly cover individual bowls with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours). Remove from the fridge when ready to use and assemble.
- TOASTED NUTS: Add chopped pecans/walnuts to a baking sheet and toasting them in the oven (400 degrees Fahrenheit) for 5-10 minutes, tossing them halfway to avoid browning on one side.
- PUMPKIN SPICE BLEND: Mix together 1 Tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp ground ginger, + 1/4 tsp ground cloves. Add a 1/2 tsp of all spice for extra flavor.