Caramel Mocha Overnight Oats with Whipped Coffee
These dreamy caramel mocha overnight oats are sweet but healthy and topped with airy whipped coffee for an over-the-top vegan breakfast.
Servings 1 serving
- 1 cup Thick-cut rolled oats, GF certified
- 1 cup Mocha cold brew coffee w/ Almondmilk (I use Califia Farms; See notes!)
- 4 Tbsps caramel sauce, homemade or store-bought! (See Notes!)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsps Agave syrup (See Notes!)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsps Instant coffee
- 2 Tbsps organic cane sugar
- 3 Tbsps boiling hot water or Almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Caramel sauce, for drizzle
Add all ingredients to a medium bowl, stirring until well combined.
Tightly cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours).
In a 2-cup measuring cup or jar, add in the instant coffee, sugar, vanilla, and hot water or milk, whisking until sugar dissolves.
Once dissolved completely, using a hand-mixer, whisk the coffee mixture on high-speed until it begins to thicken, form peaks, and becomes entirely whipped in texture, about 5-8 minutes.
To serve (hot or cold), add oats to a bowl or mason jar and top it with whipped coffee, and drizzle caramel sauce atop.
- STORAGE: Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Perfect for meal prep for the week!
- SWEETENER: Instead of Agave, you can simply use pure maple syrup.
- MILK: You can use your favorite plant-based milk, whether Soy, Oat, Coconut, Flax milk, etc.
- MOCHA COFFEE BREW: If you aren't able to get Califia Farm's version, you can substitute with 1/4 cup of brewed coffee + 3/4 cup Almond milk, and add in 1/4 cup melted chocolate.
- CARAMEL SAUCE (HOMEMADE: To make your own caramel sauce, see this recipe.