Flourless Apple Pancakes
Flourless Apple Pancakes are light, fluffy and full of warming flavor from rolled oats, caramelized apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond butter. Start your mornings off on the right note with a tall stack of these kid-approved gluten-free and vegan pancakes.
Servings 6 pancakes
- 1 cup caramelized apples (See Notes for Recipe!)
- 1 1/2 cups Almond milk + 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (You can use your fave plant-based milk!)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 3-4 Tbsps Agave (Add an additional Tbsp if more sweetness is needed!)
- 2 Tbsps Almond butter (I use Justin’s)
- 4 cups Gluten-free Rolled Oats (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of all spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pomegranate arils
- Caramelized apples (See Notes for Recipe!)
In a measuring cup or small bowl, add the Almond milk and apple cider vinegar, whisking them together and letting it sit for 5 minutes or so.
Now, add the ingredients to your blender, ensuring that all WET INGREDIENTS (including milk-apple cider vinegar mixture) are placed on the BOTTOM and then the DRY INGREDIENTS on TOP. NOTE: Putting the ingredients in this order allows everything to blend well and become nice and smooth.
Blend on high speed using a high-powered blender for a few seconds (15-20 to be exact!) until batter is smooth.
Add 1 Tbsp vegan butter to a heated skillet over medium-high heat and wait until fully melted. Pour 1/3 cup of pancake batter unto the surface of the skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes (until batter begins to bubble) and gently flip pancake to it’s opposite side, cooking another 1-2 minutes. NOTE: Be sure to gently press down on pancake to ensure that center cooks through.
Once cooked and lightly brown on both sides, remove pancake from heat and repeat steps until all batter is used.
To serve, stack pancakes onto one another and top with caramelized apples, pomegranate arils, and lightly drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
- CARAMELIZED APPLES: Use this recipe for easy caramelized apples.
- STORAGE: Leftovers can be tightly sealed in a zip loc bag (once fully cooled) and either refrigerated for a few days or frozen.To serve, reheat pancakes in the oven on 400 degrees for a few minutes until warmed through.
- FREEZE PANCAKES: To store pancakes for longer periods, simply add them unto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 2 hours. Once fully frozen, remove and store them in a zip loc and freeze for up to 3 months.
- SWEETENER: If you choose to opt out of Agave, you can always substitute with pure maple syrup, date syrup, coconut sugar, brown sugar, or pure cane sugar.
- TOPPINGS: Instead of using pomegranate arils or apples, you can always top pancakes with CocoWhip, Dairy-Free Yogurt, Nut Butter, Vegan Caramel Sauce, Nuts, etc.
- NUT BUTTER OPTIONS: You can use Peanut Butter or Pecan Butter instead of Almond Butter if desired. Any smooth nut butter works as long as it’s Vegan-approved!
- OATS: Ensure that your oats are certified GF (Gluten-Free). I used Thick Rolled Oats, but you can also use Old Fashion if preferred.