Pear Ginger Lemon + Thyme Drink
This Pear Ginger Lemon + Thyme Drink is the perfect balance between tart and sweet. Made with mulled pear, ginger beer, along with fresh lemon juice, comes naturally sweetened, hints of warm spices and garnished pear slices, lemon wedges, and thyme sprigs. This homemade drink will leave you feeling refreshed on any given day.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 Bartlett pears, peeled + chopped
- 1/2 cup Agave syrup (See Notes!)
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- organic ginger beer, for topping (See Notes!)
- Lemond slices
- Bartlett pears, halved
- Thyme sprigs
In a bowl, add together the lemon juice and chopped pears, mulling them until pears are broken down. Add water, Agave, and spices, mixing everything together until combined.
Make the mocktails: For each drink, fill an 8-ounce glass halfway with crushed ice. Add 1/2 cup of the mulled pears at the bottom along with the mixture. Top with ginger beer until the glass is 3/4 of the way filled. Garnish with halved pears, lemon slices/wedges, and a thyme sprig.
Sip and Enjoy!
- NO FIZZ: If you'd prefer not having a fizz for your mocktail, you can easily make a simple syrup with ginger roots. Add a 2-3 medium ginger roots (peeled + chopped) to boiling water (about 4 cups) along with the pears and 2-3 thyme sprigs. Reduce the heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and cover with a lid so that everything infuses. Add in 1 cup of organic cane sugar, whisking until dissolved. Remove ginger, pear, and thyme----continue with recipe.
SWEETENER: You can always use 1 cup of ‘honey’ or pure maple syrup instead of using Agave. This makes for a more subtle sweet taste. For Vegan honey option---Bee Free Honee, click link.