Vegan Superfood Breakfast Cookies
These Vegan Superfood Breakfast Cookies are ultra crispy and chewy, yet soft in the middle! More importantly, these cookies are a healthy, satisfying and energizing option for the perfect grab-n-go breakfast for the entire family. Made from thickly cut GF oats, almond flour and jam-packed with nutrients from superfoods---chia seeds, flaxseeds, + almond butter, as well as raisins, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, greens blend powder, and naturally sweetened; these cookies are super easy to make and can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert. Oil-free and Gluten-Free.
Servings 1 dozen
- 2 cups rolled oats, GF (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup Almond flour (I use Bob's Red Mill; See Notes!)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (I use Navitas Organics)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp organic superfood + greens blend, optional (I use Navitas Organics)
- 2 'flax eggs' (2 Tbsps flaxseed meal + 4 Tbsps WARM water)
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Almond butter, softened (See Notes!)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic dried cranberries (See Notes!)
- 1/3 cup organic dried raisins
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or a lightly greased cookie sheet) to prevent cookies from sticking and burning fast. Set aside.
Prep the 'flax eggs' by adding the flaxseed meal and warm water together in a bowl and stir together until well combined. Let sit for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, including the dried fruit + seeds. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together using a rubber spatula until well combined and the batter is sticky enough to mold together.
Scoop about 3 Tbsps of cookie dough using a cookie scoop, and place it directly unto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is made.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are golden brown around the edges.
Remove from the oven and let cool them cool completely before serving.
- STORAGE: Once properly stored in an air-tight container, cookies last for a few days (2-3 days) at room temperature.
- MAKE AHEAD: If you're not going to bake the cookies right away, you can make the dough and refrigerate for up to 2 days. When ready to use, soften at room temp. for a few minutes.
- OATS: Ensure that your oats are certified GF (Gluten-Free). I used Thick Rolled Oats, but you can also use Old Fashion if preferred.
- MILK: You can use any non-dairy milk for this recipe. I love using Califia Farm’s Oats + Roasted Almonds Milk or So Delicious Dairy-Free's Almond Milk, however, you can use Soy, regular Almond, Macadamia, Coconut, etc.
- FLOUR: If you don't have almond flour available, you can substitute with oat flour.
SWEETENER: You can always use Agave, Vegan honey, or date syrup, as a substitute. For vegan honey—-Bee Free Honee, click link.