This post contains sponsored links from Kiss Me Organics.
OK, so there’s been a recent craze (or maybe not so recent; who knows!) for Matcha Green Tea! I’ve never tried it before now, so I wasn’t included in this craze. Anyway, Matcha Green Tea is the new “IT Thing” that increases energy and focus levels. It’s actually a great healthy alternative to coffee, which I should have added in my previous post to top the list, NO COFFEE: 5 HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES FOR A PICK ME UP. Nevertheless, I’ve finally decided to give it a try and it’s really good!
But let’s start from the beginning. So, I recently was contacted by the Marketing Assistant at Kiss Me Organics and she sent me a nice package of their famous Match Green Tea Powder (Thanks so much to them again!), which is very popular. You can find it on Amazon by clicking: Here!
Usually, most people simply use this Matcha Green Tea powder as a regular tea (or latte, iced drink, etc.) or maybe even in their smoothies or baked goods. It’s super versatile and can be put in almost anything! However, I chose to let my imagination run wild and decided on trying this green tea powder in the form of energy bites. Yes, I did that! And it was really good!
If you’ve stumbled upon my previous post about my CHOCOLATE CHIP + COCONUT NO-BAKE ENERGY BITES, then you’ll know that I love making energy bites! They are super easy and fast to make. Plus, you can have them for breakfast, a light snack, and everything else in between. Besides, you won’t feel guilty eating these sweet bites because they are made of healthy ingredients and you can substitute each ingredient for whatever your taste buds allow.
With these Matcha Green Tea energy bites, I chose to use oatmeal as my base, pistachios (since they add a nice hint of saltines), white chocolate (I mean where are my chocolate lovers?), and maple syrup (which worked as a really good binder and sweetener); all of which were my STAR ingredients. While, this is my first time trying Matcha Green Tea, I am excited to try it as a regular tea (or maybe I’ll whip up a Frappuccino instead of heading to Starbucks) and in other forms of baking (cookies, cupcakes, muffins, cheesecake anyone?). The more, the merrier! I’m definitely looking into using healthier forms of coffee as my main “Go-To” on the days that you just NEED IT! Haha. Anyone can relate?
About Matcha Green Tea Powder by Kiss Me Organics:
- 100% Certified Organic Matcha. Increases energy and focus, and lifts your vitality and concentration with the slow release of nutrients. Our Matcha provides hours of steady energy without the caffeine crash.
- Natural Calorie Burner. Increases the rate of thermogenesis and helps maintain a healthy metabolism to naturally support weight loss goals.
- Health Grade Packaging. Comes in a BPA-free airtight pack. allowing you to keep your matcha fresher for longer, and can be used to make matcha lattes, smoothies, and can be added to baked goods.
- Powerful Antioxidant. Contains 137x the antioxidants of brewed green tea and 30% recommended daily dose of manganese (a powerful antioxidant that improves skin, bones, and several other systems) per gram of powder.
No-Bake Matcha Green Tea Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup pistachios de-shelled
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsps chia seeds
- 1 tsp Matcha Green Tea powder I used Kiss Me Organics brand
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsps organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
Add rolled oats, white chocolate, and pistachios to a food processor and pulse 3-4 times or until mixture is grinned into small pieces.
In a small bowl, add grinned ingredients with remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
Once hardened, use your hands to roll into a ball, set aside and repeat until complete.
Allow to set in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes before eating!
Connect on Facebook
Follow Me on Instagram
Pin with Me on Pinterest
Tweet with Me on Twitter
Are you a fan of Matcha Green Tea?
Be sure to let me know in the comments below.